We have all heard of LED displays and LCD TV, but today we recommend a combination of the two characteristics and name LCD TVs with certain similarities. So what are LCD TVs? What are they similar to LEDs? Or is this LCD TV really worth buying and trusting? Today, I recommend you the knowledge of these aspects.
From this, you can know that this LCD TV has a relatively good color discrimination ability in one aspect. , and it can restore the original color of the picture as much as possible. In addition, there are a series of specifications and sizes for us to choose from, whether it is placed in a relatively large area in the living room or in the bedroom. If you are interested in the solution you need, please take a look at it below.
What is an LED display?
- Working principle of LCD and LED:
LED (Light Emitting Diode), that is, light-emitting diode, is a semiconductor solid-state light-emitting device. It uses a solid-state semiconductor chip as a light-emitting material. When a forward voltage is applied to both ends, the carriers in the semiconductor recombine and cause photon emission. produce light. LEDs can directly emit red, yellow, blue, green, cyan, orange, purple, and white light.
LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) is a display method that controls semiconductor light-emitting diodes. Its general appearance is composed of many small lights, usually red, and the characters are displayed by the lights on and off.
The color gamut of LCD is currently 72% to 92%, while the color gamut of LED can reach 118%. LEDs have many advantages, such as high brightness, wide color gamut, fast response, and independent switching. In other words, if the LED backlight replaces the traditional CCFL, the realization of the ultra-wide color gamut will become very easy.
LEDs are more than twice as expensive as LCDs of the same size.
Advantages and disadvantages:
Advantages of LCD TV
- High display quality
- No electromagnetic radiation
- Wide range of applications
- Digital interface
- Low power consumption
- Disadvantages of LCD TV:
- The viewing angle of the LCD is relatively small compared to the CRT display.
- In terms of display response speed, the traditional display has a very good response speed due to its technical advantages.
- The response time of LCD is relatively long, so its performance in dynamic images is not ideal.
- The yield rate of its manufacturing is relatively low.
- Display quality: In theory, LCD can only display 18-bit color (about 262144 colors), but the color depth of CRT is almost infinite.
- The LCD display is relatively fragile and easily damaged.
Advantages of LED & LCD TV:
- Ultra-wide color gamut, can reach 105% NTSE color gamut, so the color is more vivid.
- Ultra-thin appearance, the thinnest reaches 1.99 cm, which is more fashionable.
- Energy saving and environmental protection, the energy consumption is 52% lower than that of the cold cathode backlight, and there is no mercury pollution of the cold cathode tube.
- Long lifespan, reaching nearly 100,000 hours, and it can be used for 27 years if it is driven for 10 hours a day.
- It can reach 100,000:1 ultra-high contrast ratio and higher definition.
The above recommendation is a representative one of LCD TVs, that is, LCD LCD TVs. So what is LCD LCD TVs? We are all about the working principles of this product and LED lamps and the shortcomings of LCD TVs. The article gives an explanation and analysis. From this, we can know that first of all, the color rendering ability and resolution ability of the product are relatively good, and the gloss of the color itself can be restored as much as possible.
On the other hand, there are some mature specifications and sizes that can meet the normal requirements. For example, interested consumers and friends can choose a reliable solution based on the area and structure of the home above.
In addition, the editor also recommends that you refer to the purchase. From the perspective of the technical scale and maturity of the manufacturer’s organization, you can achieve satisfactory results by shopping around.