When we go out, we often see that there is a huge screen outside some buildings that can play various advertisements. This kind of screen is an LED display. Is the LED display good? What is the function of LED display? Come and see it with me.
Introduction of LED display
LED, light emitting diode (light emitting diode abbreviation). It is a display method by controlling semiconductor light-emitting diodes. It is a diode made of gallium (Ga) and arsenic (As), phosphorus (P), nitrogen (N), and indium (In) compounds. When electrons and holes It can radiate visible light when recombined, so it can be used to make light-emitting diodes. Used as indicator lights in circuits and instruments, or composed of text or digital displays. Gallium arsenide phosphide diodes emit red light, gallium phosphide diodes emit green light, silicon carbide diodes emit yellow light, and indium gallium nitride diodes emit blue light.
LED displays are generally used to display text, images, videos, video signals and other information.
LED luminescent material
LED luminescent materials used in display screens have the following forms:
(1) LED light-emitting lamps (or single lamps) are generally composed of a single LED chip, a reflector, a metal anode, and a metal cathode. One or more (different colors) single lamps can be used to form a basic pixel, which is mostly used for outdoor display due to its high brightness.
(2) The LED dot matrix module consists of several chips to form a light-emitting matrix, which is encapsulated in a plastic shell with epoxy resin. Suitable for row and column scanning drive, easy to form high-density display, mostly used for indoor display.
(3) SMD LED light-emitting light (or SMD LED) is a package of LED light-emitting light in the form of welding, which can be used for indoor full-color display screens, which can realize single-point maintenance and effectively overcome the mosaic phenomenon.
Is the LED display good?
Let’s first take a look at the advantages of LED displays:
- High brightness: the brightness of the outdoor LED display is greater than 8000mcd/m2, which is the only large display terminal that can be used outdoors all day long; the brightness of the indoor LED display is greater than 2000md/m2.
- Long lifespan: LED lifespan is more than 100,000 hours (ten years), this parameter generally refers to the design life, even if the brightness is dim;
- Large viewing angle: the indoor viewing angle can be greater than 160 degrees, and the outdoor viewing angle can be greater than 120 degrees. The size of the viewing angle depends on the shape of the LED light-emitting diode.
- The screen area can be large or small, as small as less than one square meter, and as large as hundreds or thousands of square meters;
5, easy to interface with the computer, support software rich.
The role of LED display
- Play the role of product promotion and attract customers.
- Play the role of store decoration and improve the level of the enterprise.
- Play the role of lighting and unconventional.
- Play the role of popularizing knowledge. (It can be used to play small information about enterprise products, knowledge of related industries)
- Act as a bulletin board. (Promotions, job postings)
- Play a role in setting off the atmosphere. Through the display screen, the welcome speeches of superior leaders and various VIPs visiting and guiding, and the celebration speeches of various major festivals can be played.