Abstract: What is the difference between LCD display and LED display? LED backlight: power saving (30%~50% power saving compared to CCFL), high price, high brightness and saturation. CCFL backlight: Compared with LED backlight power consumption (still much less power than CRT), cheaper. Picture difference: LED backlight color is brighter and saturation is high (CCFL and LED are born with different light sources). The following editor will tell you which LCD monitor and LED monitor are better.
【Display】The difference between LED display and LCD display The difference between LED display and LCD display
The difference between LED display and LCD display
- What is LCD?
LCD is the full name of Liquid Crystal Display. There are mainly TFT, UFB, TFD, STN and other types of liquid crystal displays that cannot locate the program input point on the dynamic link library.
TFT is commonly used in notebook LCD screens. TFT (Thin Film Transistor) refers to thin film transistors. Each liquid crystal pixel is driven by a thin film transistor integrated behind the pixel, so that it can display screen information at high speed, high brightness and high contrast. It is currently the best. One of the most popular LCD color display devices is now the mainstream display devices on laptops and desktops. Compared with STN, TFT has excellent color saturation, restoration ability and higher contrast, and it can still be seen very clearly in the sun, but the disadvantage is that it consumes more power and costs more.
2, what is LED?
LED is the English abbreviation of Light Emitting Diode. LED applications can be divided into two categories: one is LED display; the other is LED single-tube applications, including backlight LEDs, infrared LEDs, etc. As far as LED displays are concerned, China’s design and production technology level is basically in line with the international level. The LED display screen is a display device composed of light-emitting diodes. It adopts low-voltage scanning drive, which has the characteristics of low power consumption, long service life, low cost, high brightness, few failures, large viewing angle, and long visual distance.
Third, the difference between LCD display and LED display
LED displays Compared with LCD displays, LEDs are more advantageous in terms of brightness, power consumption, viewing angle and refresh rate. The navigation to this web page has been cancelled. Using LED technology, it is possible to make displays that are thinner, brighter, and sharper than LCDs.
- The power consumption ratio of LED and LCD is about 1:10, and LED is more energy-efficient.
- LED has a higher refresh rate and has better performance in video.
- The LED provides a wide viewing angle of 160°, which can display various characters, numbers, color images and animation information, and can play color video signals such as TV, video, VCD, DVD, etc.
- The reaction speed of a single element of the LED display screen is 1000 times that of the LCD liquid crystal screen. It can also be looked after under strong light, and it can adapt to the low temperature of minus 40 degrees.
Simply put, LCD and LED are two different display technologies. LCD is a display screen composed of liquid crystals, while LED is a display screen composed of light-emitting diodes.
Dear friends, now you should understand the difference between lcd and led! Then everyone will say that LED is so good, then I must buy LED display screen! However, the focus of this article is also here: The LED display on the market is not an LED display in the true sense, to be precise, it is an LED-backlit liquid crystal display. The liquid crystal panel is still a traditional LCD display. In a sense, this is somewhat of a fraudulent nature! South Korea’s Samsung has been convicted by the British Advertising Association for violating the country’s advertising laws because its “LEDTV” LCD TVs are suspected of misleading consumers. For liquid crystal displays, the most important key is the type of LCD panel and backlight, while the LCD panels of monitors on the market generally use TFT panels, which are the same. The difference between LED and LCD is that their backlight types are different: LED Backlight and CCFL backlight (that is, fluorescent lamps), are diodes and cold cathode lamps, respectively.
The difference between LED display and LCD display, which is better between LCD display and LED display
LED backlight: power saving (30%~50% power saving compared to CCFL), high price, high brightness and saturation.
CCFL backlight: Compared with LED backlight power consumption (still much less power than CRT), cheaper.
Picture difference: LED backlight color is brighter and saturation is high (CCFL and LED are born with different light sources).
How to distinguish: LED backlight will especially emphasize LED TV, and what is not emphasized is CCFL LCD TV
There are still real LED TVs on the market (not relying on backlight, they will actively emit light), SONY and Samsung have both, but their panels are currently under 11 inches, and the price is very expensive, like SONY 11-inch AMOLED TV The asking price is about rmB18000, It belongs to the high-end market, so there are very few on the market. Let’s take a look at the actual screen comparison chart of the difference between lcd and led. The following two laptop displays: the left one is CCFL backlit LCD, the right one is LED backlit LCD, which are red, green and blue respectively. The comparison is as follows:
As can be seen from the figure, the color difference between the LCD screen and the LED screen is not very large under the general naked eye observation. If you’re just paying a disproportionate amount of money for the name LED, it’s really not necessary.
Fourth, the difference between led display and LCD display
In fact, the LED display and the LCD display are the same, and there is no difference between them. The main difference is the backlight source that makes the screen shine.
- The ordinary liquid crystal display uses a CCFL light source, that is, a cold cathode fluorescent lamp (similar to the scanning lamp in a copy), there is one on each side of the screen, and there is a backlight on the back of the display, which is a fluorescent substance The composition can make the light sources on both sides evenly distributed on the back of the entire screen, so that the entire screen can be evenly illuminated. However, due to technical limitations, the brightness of such a display is not completely uniform, but it is difficult to find it. At the same time, the lamp tube also has a certain lifespan, and it will turn yellow after a long time.
- The LED liquid crystal display uses an LED light source, that is, a light-emitting diode (like the red and blue indicator lights on household appliances). Such light-emitting diodes are very power-saving, and because they are not lamps, they can be formed into arrays and evenly distributed behind the LCD screen. The brightness is good, making the backlight more uniform. Such a display can be made thinner and more power-efficient, the life of LED is longer than that of CCFL, and the color is stable and not easy to yellow.