With the rapid development of LED display technology, LED electronic displays and LED full-color displays and other LED display products are showing a diversified development. Today’s LED displays are widely used in all walks of life. However, for For novices, many professional terms of LED display are not understood, so what are the common professional terms of LED display?
1. LED brightness: the brightness of light-emitting diodes is generally expressed by luminous intensity (LuminousIntensity), the unit is candela cd; 1000ucd (microcandela) = 1mcd (millicandela), 1000mcd = 1cd. The light intensity of a single LED for indoor use is generally 500ucd-50mcd, while the light intensity of a single LED for outdoor use should generally be 100mcd-1000mcd, or even more than 1000mcd.
2. LED pixel module: LEDs are arranged in a matrix or pen segments, pre-made into standard size modules. Commonly used indoor display screens are 8*8 pixel module, 8-character 7-segment digital module. The outdoor display screen pixel module has specifications such as 4*4, 8*8, 8*16 pixels. The pixel module used in outdoor display screens is also called a collective tube bundle module because each pixel is composed of more than two LED tube bundles.
3. Pixel and pixel diameter: Each LED light-emitting unit (dot) that can be individually controlled in the LED display is called a pixel (or pixel). Pixel diameter ∮ refers to the diameter of each pixel, in millimeters.
4. Resolution: The number of rows and columns of pixels on the LED display is called the resolution of the LED display. Resolution is the total number of pixels of the display screen, which determines the information capacity of a display screen.
5. Grayscale: Grayscale refers to the degree of light-dark changes of pixels. The grayscale of a primary color generally has 8 to 12 levels. For example, if the gray scale of each primary color is 256 levels, for a dual primary color screen, the display color is 256×256=64K colors, which is also called a 256-color display screen.
6. Dual-primary color: Most color LED displays today are dual-primary color screens, that is, each pixel has two LED die: one is a red light die and the other is a green light die. The pixel is red when the red light die is bright, the pixel is green when the green light die is bright, and the pixel is yellow when the red and green die are on at the same time. Among them, red and green are called primary colors.
7. Full color: Red and green double primary colors plus blue primary color, three primary colors constitute full color. Since the technology for forming a full-color blue tube and a pure green tube core is now mature, the market basically uses full-color.