Both LED display and LCD display are not unfamiliar to users. They are mostly used in the production of TVs, mobile phones, etc., especially TVs. Many users will be entangled in choosing LED display or LCD when buying TVs. The display screen is good. In this issue, I will introduce the difference between the LED display screen and the liquid crystal display screen, and which one is better for the owner’s reference.
What are LED displays and LCD displays?
- LED display
The LED liquid crystal display uses an LED light source, that is, a light-emitting diode. Such light-emitting diodes are very power-saving, and because they are not lamps, they can be formed into arrays and evenly distributed behind the LCD screen. The brightness is good, making the backlight more uniform. Such a display can be made thinner and more power-efficient, the life of LED is longer than that of CCFL, and the color is stable and not easy to yellow.
- LCD screen
The ordinary liquid crystal display uses a CCFL light source, that is, a cold cathode fluorescent lamp (similar to the scanning lamp in a copy), there is one on each side of the screen, and there is a backlight on the back of the display, which is composed of fluorescent substances. The light sources on both sides can be evenly distributed on the back of the entire screen, so that the entire screen can be evenly illuminated. However, due to technical limitations, the brightness of such a display is not completely uniform, but it is difficult to find it. At the same time, the lamp tube also has a certain life, and it will turn yellow after a long time.
Second, the difference between LED display and LCD display
- Compared with liquid crystal displays, LED displays have more advantages in terms of brightness, power consumption, viewing angle and refresh rate. Using LED technology, it is possible to make displays that are thinner, brighter, and sharper than LCDs.
- The power consumption ratio of LED display and liquid crystal display is about 1:10, and LED is more energy-saving.
- The LED display has a higher refresh rate and better performance in video.
- The LED provides a wide viewing angle of 160°, which can display various characters, numbers, color images and animation information, and can play color video signals such as TV, video, VCD, DVD, etc.
- Different resolutions, the biggest advantage of the LCD splicing screen is that it can achieve high-definition display, that is, 1920*1080, which can display high-definition images and videos, etc., while the LED display screen has a relatively large pixel pitch, so the resolution under the same display area is required. It is much lower, although the resolution can also be superimposed to high-definition, but the required display area is larger, and the viewing effect is obviously not as good as LCD.
- The LCD splicing screen has splicing gaps of different sizes, ranging from 5.5-1.7mm, so there will be physical observation edges between the screen and the screen after splicing, which will affect the viewing effect when the whole screen displays one surface, and LEDs do not have this concern. No matter how they are spliced, the LED display has no black borders.
- The LCD display is not waterproof and is mainly used indoors, while the LED display can be used in various occasions, as well as outdoors.
The above is an introduction to the difference between LED display and LCD display. As for which one is better, it depends on the main purpose and the environment in which it is used. The right one is the best. Users can choose and buy according to their own needs. Can.